Mitzvah / Tzedakah (Charity) Project
FRIENDS OF ELIYA-USA DAY-TO-DAY OPERATIONS SHUT DOWN EFFECTIVE 8/1/14
ALL USA INITIATIVES, PROGRAMS, COMMITTEES, EVENTS CANCELED
ELIYA USA’S 501 (C) 3 STATUS WILL REMAIN AND TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS ARE STILL ACCEPTED AND WILL BE FORWARDED TO ISRAEL
After B'nai Mitzvah age (13 for boys, 12 for girls), children bear their own responsibility for Jewish ritual law, tradition, and ethics are able to participate in all areas of Jewish community life. Jewish tradition teaches us that we deepen our own happiness when we share our celebrations with others especially with people in need. Consider including Friends of Eliya in your celebration!
Our Mitzvah (Charity) Program (for teens ages 11-18) is designed for you to participate in Jewish life by customizing a project meeting your interests, while becoming an Ambassador to visually impaired/blind children in Israel. There are various opportunities to learn about and apply Jewish values of Tzedekah (charity/acts of goodwill), Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), and B’tzelem Elohim (respecting those with challenges/disabilities).
Teens of all faiths and backgrounds are encouraged and welcome to participate in our community service and charity projects (Mitzvah Projects).
In our project guide, you will find ideas for:
- Meaningful and interesting mitzvah/tzedakah project ideas
- Planning to include ELIYA in your celebration
- How to set up a free online account to raise funds and awareness for children of Eliya
- Meaningful ways to earn community services hours through several workshops and events hosted by ELIYA-USA (currently only in Los Angeles)
Already completed your mitzvah or charity project for ELIYA? Email us so we can share your accomplishment on our website!
Religious School Teachers / Teen Tzedakah Program Directors
- We offer in class-room presentations for teens and pre-teens
- Typical presentation is 20-30 minutes and covers the following layout:
- Activity to become aware of gift of eye sight
- Understanding various visual impairments
- Learning about ELIYA schools, programs and services
- Ways teens can get involved / mitzvah projects ideas
Contacts us today to schedule a presentation for your class.